Friday, September 26, 2014

Human Behavior

a) How do incentives govern human behavior? What is the best incentive to motivate people? why?
b) Describe an "aesthetic experience" (Robinson) you've had, and how it has affected you.

       Incentives are a motivation to human behavior such as testing on how the will react to certain things to work better. You would thing that money would motivate the human mind because people would do a better job to earn the cash. Somehow studies have shown that this method isn't working as well as business owners would hope. Instead, the real working incentive that motivates people is stepping back and letting them take over to finish their own job. This is most likely because if you let a worker actually focus they will get into the problem they are trying to solve and solve it a lot faster than they would with someone breathing over their solder. I have actually had this working on me in the past while I was working with my dad. Every time I work for my dad I get $10 per hour which is petty good considering I'm only 15 and cant get a job yet. This doesn't mean I will put all 100% into how hard I work when I'm moping floors or staking wood etc. This was mostly because he is always behind me judging my work so I work slower cause I might mess up. If he leaves and does his own work then I am alone and I get into what I'm doing and I can even pay music and work harder. The motivation on the human brain is actually very interesting and I can test that this theory works.

No comments:

Post a Comment